Daily Ramadan Activities with 3-5 year olds!
With so many resources available to us for our kids this Ramadan – how do you choose between them all? Colouring sheets, fine motor sheets, flashcards, journals, workbooks. As Ammarah grows older (nearly 4), she has a somewhat better understanding of the world around her. So this year her Ramadan learning has turned up a notch compared to last year. Here’s what we made:
1. A Ramadan Display Wall
We created a Ramadan Display wall – in our Ramadan Preparation week. We added our focus areas onto the wall. Quran memorisation, our good deeds chart – more on that here. The five pillars of Islam visuals and looking out for the changing moon!
2. A Ramadan Book Box
We put together all our books we would be looking at in Ramadan into a home-made (recycled shoe box) book box. Some of our titles included, Going to Mecca by Robert, Na’ima (2014) Paperback, The Way to Jannah by Yasmin Mussa, Migo and Ali: Love for the Prophets and My Dad’s Beard by Zanib Mian, Bismillah Soup by Asmaa Hussein and so many more!
3. A Ramadan Activities Box
Yes we decorated and recycled another old shoe box which was big enough to fit all our Ramadan Daily activities! Here’s what we put inside:
- Ramadan 30 Day Activity: ‘Let’s find a word in the Qur’an’ created by a Parenthood: Muslim Style – click here for the link that takes you straight to their site to allow you to download the flashcards!
- 2 activities including ABC of Qur’an verses and a Camel Shape Match activity (for Hibah who is obsessed with camels) that were sent to me FREE by @munna.baba.me
- I created a simple 5 Pillars of Islam Colouring book that can be downloaded and printed here. This is a great way of introducing the 5 pillars too – through pictures and discussion – teach your children little by little and just keep coming back to it as they get older and their understanding develops better in sha Allah.
- I also found this awesome Ramadan Booklet for little kids by Jameela Ho. All the activities are designed to help with fine-motor skills using pictures related to Ramadan: Check it out here.
- Our 30 Good Deeds activity in the jar pictured – created by me – to be put up on our numbered masjid in the display picture above. Click here to download.
- Our easy to make binoculars to look for the moon changing throughout the month – use 2 toilet roll tubes, string, and stickers and washi-tape to decorate.
- Our dua hands to help memorise the forgiveness dua for Ramadan. You can download the Arabic and translation of the dua here. Simply print and cut onto your dua hands.
- We also practised and memorised our Qur’an surahs – and each time Ammarah finished memorising completely, we added a rocket to her Juzz Amma Memorisation Galaxy as seen in the Ramadan Wall Display above!
4. #Alhamdulillah for series by Ayeina.com
A personal goal of mine this Ramadan is Qur’an reflection. Therefore, in order to encourage reflection in our homeschooling we will also be making use of the fabulous #Alhamdulillah For Series by Ayeina.com – You can check it out here, encouraging gratefulness in our children as well as adopting it ourselves.
Personally, I dedicated this entire week to preparing for our homeschooling throughout Ramadan. Therefore, if you are just reading this now and thinking, “Oh I feel so under prepared…” Don’t Panic! Last year I felt totally under-prepared so this was my personal goal this year, to ensure I am prepared in sha Allah! I am posting this to inspire, motivate and encourage others. Any little you do but consistently is always loved by Allah.
For the record though, I have a somewhat tidy house, have done no meal preparing in advance as some of you awesome mothers do, I still need to write my own list of duas and begin my own reflection. Just know that whatever we do is always enough. All our situations are completely different and we can only be motivated by others and inspired and encouraged to do good in this blessed month that is really around the corner. Ramadan Kareem to you all! 🙂 May Allah make it a blessed one for us all in sha Allah. Ameen.
www.mamateachesme.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.